- Tartu Class Teacher of the Year 2021 – Kirsi Kriit, class teacher of Tartu International School;
- Tartu School Head of the Year 2018 – Kristi Aria, principal of Tartu International School;
- Nominee for Estonian School Head of the Year 2018 – Kristi Aria, principal of Tartu International School;
- Awarding of the title Champion in the global competition “International Maths Olympiad Challenge” – with a score of 95.13% Luca Caivano, Grade 4, 2021
- Third place in the national competition for an environmental video project “Future Green Cities 2021” – Tartu International School´s video project about future cities by grade 4, mentors Evelyn Vahi and Jaak-Albert Metsoja;
- Second place in the national competition for educational success stories “Learning is exciting! 2018” in the category “The most interesting lesson” – Tartu International School’s unit of inquiry about ancient and medieval inventions in grade 6, mentor Elo-Kai Kurel;
- Citizen’s Day Award 2016 – Kristi Aria, principal of Tartu International School.
Teacher and Student of the Year
Every year the Tartu International School community gives out an award for Teacher of the Year and Student of the Year.
The Teacher of the Year is elected by the whole community and the award is given out in two categories: Grade 1–3 Teacher of the Year and Grade 4–9 Teacher of the Year. The Teacher of the Year is someone who motivates and inspires students and has greatly contributed to their development; plays an active and useful role in the school and its community; demonstrates responsibility to his/her work and the school; expresses enthusiasm and enjoyment for working with students; and has respect for students, parents and colleagues.
The Student of the Year is elected by the teachers and the award is given out in two categories: Grade 1–3 Student of the Year and Grade 4–9 Student of the Year. The Student of the Year is a student who sets a positive example academically and/or socially to their peers; and/or has demonstrated significant personal growth over the last school year.