Tartu International School is the only school in Southern Estonia offering both education and operation in English
- English as the language of instruction
- Nursery 1.5 to 3-year-olds, pre-school 3 to 6-year-olds
- Primary 6 to 12-year-olds, middle school 13 to 15-year-olds
- No prior knowledge of English required
- International student and staff body
- Class size up to 12 students
- Child-friendly approach
- Exceptionally personalised learning experience, teacher to student ratio of 1:4
- IB PYP curriculum in grades 1–6, in addition to Estonian national curriculum
- Located in greenery of the historical town centre
- Formative assessment in all grades, in addition summative letter evaluation starting from grade 4
- Estonian as a mother tongue for native speakers, Estonian as a foreign language from grade 1
- Well-balanced integration of technology in teaching and learning
- Professional, experienced and supportive teachers
- Promotion of healthy lifestyle through additional physical education lessons and outdoor activities
- Flexible and adaptable learning environment
- Variety of after-school activities
- Newly-renovated premises
- 175 study days per academic year
- Balanced and healthy school lunch
- Partnership with Tartu Finnish School
Currently, we have 43 students enrolled in grades 1-10 and 27 students in nursery and pre-school.
Lucia concert supports children's clinic
Everyone is welcome to join our annual Lucia Day concert, cafe and market. You can contribute by bringing some crafts for the market or baked goods for the cafe. Our student council has decided that this year's donation will go to the Tartu University Hospital Children's Clinic.
Our very first spelling bee
This year we will be holding our F-I-R-S-T Spelling Bee. Come and support the competitors!
Books for our library
We are starting a mother tongue section of our library, so all the fascinating languages of our community would also be represented in the library. You can help us get started by donating some books in your mother tongue.