Tartu International School is the only school in Southern Estonia offering both education and operation in English
TIS offers high-quality international education in Nursery (1.5 to 3-year-olds), Pre-school (3 to 6-year-olds), Primary (6 to 12-year-olds) and Middle School (13 to 15-year-olds).
We are a small student-centred school with class sizes up to 12 students providing
- exceptionally personalised learning experience with teacher to student ratio of 1:5
- English as the language of instruction and IB programmes
- professionally recognized international staff
- flexible and adaptable learning environment
- newly-renovated premises in greenery of the historical town centre
- Estonian as a mother tongue for native speakers, Estonian as a foreign language from Grade 1
- well-balanced integration of technology in teaching and learning
- promotion of healthy lifestyle through additional physical education lessons and outdoor activities
- variety of after-school activities
- balanced and healthy school lunch
- partnership with Tartu Finnish School
Currently, we have 43 students enrolled in grades 1-10 and 27 students in nursery and pre-school.
Registration to Children's School is Now Open
Registration to our English-speaking children's school for academic year 2018/2019 is now open. We aim to promote the joy of learning and passion to explore the world. Our children's school is open to little students of any nationality and mother tongue in age 5–6. Prior knowledge of English is not needed. See more information on the Children's School page or register here.