Tartu International School is the only school in Southern Estonia offering both education and operation in English
TIS offers high-quality international education in Nursery (1.5 to 3-year-olds), Pre-school (3 to 6-year-olds), Primary (6 to 12-year-olds) and Middle School (13 to 15-year-olds). We follow the International Baccalaureate Organization´s Primary Years Programme. Preparations for starting the Middle Years Programme are in process.
We are a small student-centred school with class sizes up to 12 students providing
- exceptionally personalised learning experience with teacher to student ratio of 1:5
- English as the language of instruction and IB programmes
- professionally recognized international staff
- flexible and adaptable learning environment
- newly-renovated premises in greenery of the historical town centre
- Estonian as a mother tongue for native speakers, Estonian as a foreign language from Grade 1
- well-balanced integration of technology in teaching and learning
- promotion of healthy lifestyle through additional physical education lessons and outdoor activities
- variety of after-school activities
- balanced and healthy school lunch
- partnership with Tartu Finnish School
Currently, we have 80 students enrolled in our school.