Tartu International School and Kindergarten aim to develop internationally minded citizens who are confident, inquiring, knowledgeable and successful in their personal and professional lives. TIS offers excellence in international education to children of all nationalities living in southern Estonia. We support each student’s academic, physical and emotional development in a culturally diverse and stimulating learning environment.
- Diversity: we value the cultural background of each person connected to our school.
- Healthy and secure learning environment: a safe and friendly environment is important to all people at school.
- Innovation: we dare to adopt new ideas and put them into use.
- Individual approach: we support the individual development of each child.
- Openness: we take into account the changes occurring around us, and we make maximum use of the opportunities we have due to the location of our school and those offered by the community to develop our students.
- Sustainability: we value and apply sustainability principles in human relations and attitude towards the environment.
- Cooperation: we value cooperation between the family, the school and the community; cooperation between children of different ages and the team spirit prevailing in the school are especially important for us.
- Professionalism: our teachers are specialists in their fields; excellence in education is important for us.