Tartu International School is run by a non-profit organization. The sources for funding the school include allocations from the Estonian government, allocations from the local municipality, and the school fees. Government and municipality allocations do not cover actual cost of a student place at TIS. The school´s funding plan allows exceptionally personalised high-standard education.
- Teaching in small classes (up to 12 students)
- An expanded curriculum (additional lessons, IB programmes)
- Learning in level groups (e.g. languages)
- Friendly and inclusive atmosphere of a small school (teacher-student ratio 1:5)
- Differentiated learning and individual support
- Professionally recognized international staff
- Modern learning environment in an attractive location
- Physically and mentally supportive environment, early intervention
- Counseling for students and families
- Special needs support
- School trips, excursions
- Wide range of extra-curricular activities
- Support to mother tongue learning
- Transition support
- Community events
- Outstanding graduation examination scores
The school fees are determined by the non-profit organization at least six months before the start of an academic year, and are based on the prospective cost of education at TIS for coming academic year. There are two tuition fee plans – Corporate and Reduced. The tuition fee plans are designed to support a diversely rich cultural and social school environment.
School Fees 2018/2019
Reduced (Private) Tuition Fees available to families who do not receive financial support for school fees and who are formally registered as citizens of the local municipality (Tartu city or other).
- Reduced Tuition Fee Grade 1-3 € 388 per month (paid monthly from September through August)
- Reduced Tuition Fee Grade 4-9 € 408 per month (paid monthly from September through August)
- Additional monthly costs: lunch, field trips, excursions, personal student supplies.
Privately paid tuition fees are subject to tax refund in Estonia. Download the Reduced Fees details and policies here: TIS Reduced fees 2018-2019.
Discount rate is available for children coming from Tartu International Kindergarten. For discount details please see the Reduced Fees policies document above. In cases of extenuating circumstances, please contact the school to discuss your situation.
Corporate Fees are payable by corporate sponsors or parents receiving financial support for the school fees. The Corporate Fee allows the school to facilitate the mobility of international, corporate families who remain at the school for indeterminate amounts of time and who may need to transfer during the school year. The Corporate Fee guarantees that there´s a student place available for the families of our corporate partners (also in the middle of an academic year).
- Enrollment Fee Grade 1- 9 € 800 One-time, non-refundable
- Annual Corporate Fee Grade 1-3 € 9 270 Total school fee for one academic year
- Annual Corporate Fee Grade 4-9 € 9 710 Total school fee for one academic year
Download the Corporate Fees details and policies here: TIS Corporate fees 2018-2019.
Extended activities support the school curriculum. These include music, sports, improving technology skills. These activities are available for an additional fee.
The full terms and conditions of payment are stated in the enrollment contract and the school fee invoice. The first installment of the tuition fee is due not later than 15 days after signing the contract.
- One full payment.
- Two equal payments.
- Ten monthly installments.
- Twelve monthly installments.