Tartu International School is run by a non-profit organization. The sources for funding the school include allocations from the Estonian government, allocations from the local municipality, and the school fees. The school´s funding plan allows exceptionally personalised high-standard education.
- Teaching in small classes (up to 12 students)
- An expanded curriculum (additional lessons, IB programmes)
- Learning in level groups (e.g. languages)
- Friendly and inclusive atmosphere of a small school (teacher-student ratio 1:5)
- Differentiated learning and individual support
- Professionally recognized international staff
- Modern learning environment in an attractive location
- Physically and mentally supportive environment, early intervention
- Counseling for students and families
- Special needs support
- School trips, excursions
- Wide range of extra-curricular activities
- Support to mother tongue learning
- Transition support
- Community events
- Outstanding graduation examination scores
The school fees are determined by the non-profit organization at least six months before the start of an academic year, and are based on the prospective cost of education at TIS for coming academic year. There are two tuition fee plans – Corporate and Reduced. The tuition fee plans are designed to support a diversely rich cultural and social school environment.
School Fees 2018/2019
Reduced (Private) Tuition Fees available to families who do not receive financial support for school fees and who are formally registered as residents of the local municipality (Tartu city or other). Private tuition is paid for 12 months, if a student is enrolled for a shorter period, please contact the school to inquire about the payment schedule.
- Preschool 1 (1,5-4 years old) € 266 per month
- Preschool 2 (5-6 years old) € 289 per month
- Reduced Tuition Fee Grade 1-3 € 388 per month
- Reduced Tuition Fee Grade 4-9 € 408 per month
- Tuition fee includes: personalized learning in a small-size class, individual educational needs support, student counselling, textbooks and workbooks, use of digital learning devices, a selection of after-school clubs, transport to field trips, ski rental in winter, curriculum-related field trips and outings, community events.
- Additional costs: lunch, tickets (e.g. for a theatre or cinema visit) , personal student supplies (e.g. sports gear, stationery).
Privately paid tuition fees are subject to tax refund in Estonia. Download the Reduced Fees details and policies here: TIS Reduced fees 2018-2019.
Discount rate is available for children coming from Tartu International Kindergarten. For discount details please see the Reduced Fees policies document above. In cases of extenuating circumstances, please contact the school to discuss your situation.
Corporate Fees are payable by corporate sponsors or parents receiving financial support for the school fees. The Corporate Fee allows the school to facilitate the mobility of international, corporate families who remain at the school for indeterminate amounts of time and who may need to transfer during the school year. The Corporate Fee guarantees that there´s a student place available for the families of our corporate partners (also in the middle of an academic year).
- Enrollment Fee € 800 One-time, non-refundable
- Preschool 1 (1,5-4 years old) € 6800 Total school fee for one academic year
- Preschool 2 (5-6 years old) € 7500 Total school fee for one academic year
- Annual Corporate Fee Grade 1-3 € 9 270 Total school fee for one academic year
- Annual Corporate Fee Grade 4-9 € 9 710 Total school fee for one academic year
- Tuition fee includes: personalized learning in a small-size classes, individual educational needs support, student counselling, textbooks and workbooks, use of digital learning devices, a selection of after-school clubs, transport to field trips, ski rental in winter, all field trips and outings, tickets, school meals and community events.
Download the Corporate Fees details and policies here: TIS Corporate fees 2018-2019.
Extended activities support the school curriculum. These include music, sports, improving technology skills. These activities are available for an additional fee.
The first installment of the private fee payment is due the 1st of May. The first installment equals to the sum of two months´ tuition fee. After the first payment is completed, a schooling contract is signed between the school and the student´s representative. The rest of the tuition fee is paid in monthly installments from September to June, in two equal installments in September and January, or in one installment in September. Corporate fees are paid in one or two equal installments. The first payment is due 15th of June.