Tartu International School and Kindergarten is run by a non-profit organization. Our sources of funding include allocations from the Estonian government, allocations from the local municipality, and school fees. The school´s funding plan allows us to provide exceptionally personalized, high-standard education. We provide:
- Small class sizes;
- An expanded curriculum (additional lessons, IB programmes);
- Learning in level groups (e.g. languages);
- The friendly and inclusive atmosphere of a small school;
- Differentiated learning and individual support;
- Professionally recognized international staff;
- A modern learning environment in an attractive location;
- A physically and mentally supportive environment;
- Early intervention;
- Counselling for students and families;
- Special-needs support;
- Trips and excursions as part of the curriculum;
- A wide range of extra-curricular activities;
- Support for mother-tongue learning;
- Support during transition;
- Community events;
- Outstanding graduation examination scores.
The school fees are determined by the NGO Tartu International School at least six months before the start of an academic year and are based on the prospective cost of education at TIS for the coming academic year. Our tuition fee plans are designed to support a diversely rich cultural and social school environment. There are two tuition fee plans – Corporate and Private.
Private Tuition Fees apply to families who do not receive any financial support or reimbursement towards school fees from their organization or employer. The family is only eligible for this rate if the student and one parent are formally registered as residents of the local municipality (Tartu city). The tuition fee can be paid in equal monthly instalments (usually 10 instalments per academic year). The payment schedule will be determined in the schooling contract.
Tuition fee includes personalized learning in a small class, individual educational-needs support, student counselling, textbooks and workbooks, the use of digital learning devices, a selection of after-school clubs, ski rental in winter, curriculum-related field trips and outings, and community events.
Additional costs: lunch, event tickets (e.g. for a theatre or cinema visit), personal student supplies (e.g. sports gear, stationery).
Private fees (2023/2024)
- Preschool 1 (from ages 1½ to 3) € 4 416 per year paid in 10 installments
- Preschool 2 (from ages 3 to 6) € 4 598 per year paid in 10 installments
- Tuition Fee Grade 1–3 € 5 735 per year paid in 10 installments
- Tuition Fee Grade 4–9 € 5 982 per year paid in 10 installments
Privately paid tuition fees are subject to a tax refund in Estonia.
A discounted rate is available for children coming from Tartu International Kindergarten. Families with two or more children at school or kindergarten can apply for a 10% discount from the second child´s tuition fees. In cases of extenuating circumstances, please contact the school to discuss your situation.
Corporate Fees are paid by corporate partners to provide financial support or reimbursement towards the school fees. The Corporate Fee allows the school to facilitate the mobility of international, corporate families who remain at the school for indeterminate amounts of time and who may need to transfer during the school year. The Corporate Fee guarantees that student places are available for the families of our corporate partners, either in the middle of an academic year, or in the event that an admission application is submitted after the regular enrolment period.
Tuition fee includes personalized learning in small classes, individual educational-needs support, student counselling, textbooks and workbooks, the use of digital learning devices, a selection of after-school clubs, ski rental in winter, all field trips and outings, event tickets (e.g. for a theatre or cinema visit), school meals, and community events.
Corporate fees (2023/2024)
- Enrolment Fee € 800 One-time, non-refundable
- Preschool 1 (1½–4 years old) € 7 500 Total school fee for one academic year
- Preschool 2 (5–6 years old) € 7 500 Total school fee for one academic year
- Grade 1–3 € 9 700 Total school fee for one academic year
- Grade 4–9 € 9 900 Total school fee for one academic year
Extended activities support the school curriculum. These include music, sports, and improving technical skills. These activities are available for an additional fee.
New enrolments: Schooling contracts are due by 1st June. The first instalment of privately paid fees is 20% of the annual reduced tuition fee and is due two weeks after signing the contract. The tuition fee invoice is issued and sent to the family together with the schooling contract. Corporate fees are paid in one part or in two equal instalments. Corporate fees (for either full payment or the first instalment) is due by 1st August.
Returning enrolments: Schooling contracts are due by 1st June. The first tuition fee instalment is due by 10th August.