Tartu International School is run by a non-profit organization. The sources for funding the school include allocations from the Estonian government, allocations from the local municipality, and the school fees. The school´s funding plan allows exceptionally personalised high-standard education.
- Teaching in small classes (up to 12 students)
- An expanded curriculum (additional lessons, IB programmes)
- Learning in level groups (e.g. languages)
- Friendly and inclusive atmosphere of a small school (teacher-student ratio 1:5)
- Differentiated learning and individual support
- Professionally recognized international staff
- Modern learning environment in an attractive location
- Physically and mentally supportive environment, early intervention
- Counseling for students and families
- Special needs support
- School trips, excursions
- Wide range of extra-curricular activities
- Support to mother tongue learning
- Transition support
- Community events
- Outstanding graduation examination scores
The school fees are determined by the non-profit organization at least six months before the start of an academic year, and are based on the prospective cost of education at TIS for coming academic year. The tuition fee plans are designed to support a diversely rich cultural and social school environment. There are two tuition fee plans – Corporate and Private.
Private Tuition Fees apply to families who do not receive any financial support or reimbursement towards school fees from their organization or employer. The family is eligible to this rate only if the student and one parent are formally registered as residents of the local municipality (Tartu city or other). The tuition fee can be paid in equal monthly installments (up to 12 installments). The payment schedule will be determined in the schooling contract.
Tuition fee includes: personalized learning in a small-size class, individual educational needs support, student counselling, textbooks and workbooks, use of digital learning devices, a selection of after-school clubs, transport to field trips, ski rental in winter, curriculum-related field trips and outings, community events.
Additional costs: lunch, tickets (e.g. for a theatre or cinema visit) , personal student supplies (e.g. sports gear, stationery).
Private fees 2019/2020
- Preschool 1 (age 1,5 – 4) € 3650 per year
- Preschool 2 (age 5-6) € 3800 per year
- Tuition Fee Grade 1-3 € 395 per month
- Tuition Fee Grade 4-9 € 415 per month
Privately paid tuition fees are subject to tax refund in Estonia.
Discount rate is available for children coming from Tartu International Kindergarten. Families with two children at school or kindergarten can apply for a 10% discount on one child´s tuition fee. In cases of extenuating circumstances, please contact the school to discuss your situation.
Corporate Fees are paid by corporate partners or families who receive financial support or reimbursement towards the school fees. The Corporate Fee allows the school to facilitate the mobility of international, corporate families who remain at the school for indeterminate amounts of time and who may need to transfer during the school year. The Corporate Fee guarantees that there´s a student place available for the families of our corporate partners, also in the middle of an academic year, or in case admission application is submitted after the regular enrollment period.
Tuition fee includes: personalized learning in a small-size classes, individual educational needs support, student counselling, textbooks and workbooks, use of digital learning devices, a selection of after-school clubs, transport to field trips, ski rental in winter, all field trips and outings, tickets, school meals and community events.
Corporate fees 2019/2020
- Enrollment Fee € 800 One-time, non-refundable
- Preschool 1 (1,5-4 years old) € 7 500 Total school fee for one academic year
- Preschool 2 (5-6 years old) € 7 500 Total school fee for one academic year
- Grade 1-3 € 9 700 Total school fee for one academic year
- Grade 4-9 € 9 900 Total school fee for one academic year
Extended activities support the school curriculum. These include music, sports, improving technology skills. These activities are available for an additional fee.
Payment Schedule 2019/2020
New enrollments: The schooling contracts are due by the 25th of April 2019. The first installment of the privately paid fees equals to 20% of the annual reduced tuition fee and is due by the 1st of May 2019. The tuition fee invoice is issued and sent to the family together with the schooling contract. Corporate fees are paid in one part or in two equal installments. The corporate fees payment (full payment or the first part) is due by the 15th of June 2019.
Returning enrollments: The schooling contracts are due by the 25th of April 2019. The first tuition fee installment is due by the 1st of August.