The Government of Estonia moved all schools in Estonia to distance learning from 16th of March 2020 due to COVID-19 outbreak. Tartu International School re-opened on the 18th of May 2020. According to the current status, the school continues in a traditional face-to-face format from the 24th of August 2020. Nevertheless, the school has plans in place in case the new closure should appear in the school year 2020/2021.
Tartu International School offers a Distance Learning Programme to its students during the physical closure of the schoolhouse. The school has necessary IT resources, skills and knowledge to provide a quality distance learning programme to its students. TIS has:
- one-to-one laptops or tablets for students and teachers;
- digitally competent and skilled teachers;
- digitally competent students who use a number of digital resources and platforms in their everyday learning;
- a qualified Educational Technologist to support staff, students and families;
- excellent cooperation between the teachers, families and the leadership team;
- a proven ability to lead change.
Most of the learning and teaching will take place in real-time via according to the students´ usual timetables. This will help to maintain the daily routines.
The principles of the programme can be found here: The Organization of Distance Learning