Estonian government has decided to send all students on distance learning from 11th March due to the critical Covid-19 situation in the country. In Tartu International School it means that students in grades 1-9 will be on distance learning from Thursday, 11th March. The kindergarten will remain open, but the government asks not to bring a child to kindergarten without an urgent need. These restrictions will be in place at least until 11th April.
We want to ensure that meaningful studies continue and that students’ mental health is supported through the time of distance learning. Some key points:
- the studies are still guided by the teachers;
- if there are any questions or problems with the tasks, please contact the teacher;
- there is a special distance learning schedule so that there would be enough breaks and screen free time, the schedule is implemented from Monday, 15th March;
- distance learning combines video lessons and independent work;
- for grades 4-9 all school days start in Stuudium where teachers have placed tasks under the homework section;
- Fridays are shorter school days;
- there are class teacher minutes every Friday;
- if a student needs an individual consultation or support, then the school can offer it online or in person;
- permission for in person consultation is given by the principal;
- spend at least 60 minutes outside each day;
- limit the screen time outside of study hours.
In case of any questions, problems or worries, please contact the child’s class teacher or the principal (email@example.com).